Subject: Re: AMSv2 USB

From: Alex Parker <>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 11:21:07 +0000

On 26/02/12 11:12, Frank Gevaerts wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 07:30:07PM -0700, Mike Giacomelli wrote:
>> I guess it'll get fixed when 3.11 comes out.
> Will it? Is USB stable enough to be enabled in a stable release? I
> haven't seen any discussion about that yet.
> I sincerely hope that the answer won't be "It will be enabled because
> rolling back the mkamsboot change is too much work"...
> Frank

I think it is a fairly simple answer.

If (on its own merits) USB is stable enough on AMSv2 then OK, we go
ahead with 3.11.

If USB is not to be enabled on 3.11, then we revert the bootloader
change. Rockbox Utility should be installing bootloaders that work with
the current release. If people are using current builds then they can
also install an alternate bootloader manually if they so desire. We do
releases for a reason, and they should come first.