Subject: Re: AMSv2 USB

Re: AMSv2 USB

From: Frank Gevaerts <frank_at_gevaerts.be>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 12:29:06 +0100

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 11:21:07AM +0000, Alex Parker wrote:
> If USB is not to be enabled on 3.11, then we revert the bootloader
> change. Rockbox Utility should be installing bootloaders that work
> with the current release. If people are using current builds then
> they can also install an alternate bootloader manually if they so
> desire. We do releases for a reason, and they should come first.

The way I understand it (which could be wrong) is that the dualboot code
(i.e. the bit that decides which bit gets to boot) is *not* in the
bootloader as in the files that are downloaded, but in bits of code
that's embedded at build time into rbutil and/or mkamsboot. This has
the big advantage of making bootloader experimentation more or less
safe (i.e. you can't even touch the bit that lets you boot the OF to
recover), but it does make this particular situation a bit more
complicated than we'd like it to be.

Frank