Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code 2012 mentors ideas needed!

Re: Google Summer of Code 2012 mentors ideas needed!

From: Thomas Martitz <kugel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 22:36:39 +0100

Am 10.02.2012 21:44, schrieb Frank Gevaerts:
> Hi all,
>
> If we want to apply to participate again to the Google Summer of Code
> 2012, we'll need more project ideas and more mentors.

No replies. I guess the desire to participate in gsoc isn't strong this
year.

I would throw in an idea or two, if it isn't to late already. I think
we're in need of a more dynamic skin layout system to support multiple
screen sizes with a single skin. Multiple approaches are imaginable.
Another nice item would be working in the playback/buffering engine to
allow buflib allocations without intercepting playback.

On the other hand, seeing this low enthusiasm, we perhaps shouldn't
apply at all (which would be sad IMO).

Best regards.