Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code 2012 mentors ideas needed!

Re: Google Summer of Code 2012 mentors ideas needed!

From: (wrong string) 阿四 <ashi08104_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 10:22:47 +0800

2012/3/4 Thomas Martitz <kugel_at_rockbox.org>:
> Am 10.02.2012 21:44, schrieb Frank Gevaerts:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> If we want to apply to participate again to the Google Summer of Code
>> 2012, we'll need more project ideas and more mentors.
>

> No replies. I guess the desire to participate in gsoc isn't strong this
> year.
>
> I would throw in an idea or two, if it isn't to late already. I think we're
> in need of a more dynamic skin layout system to support multiple screen
> sizes with a single skin. Multiple approaches are imaginable. Another nice
> item would be working in the playback/buffering engine to allow buflib
> allocations without intercepting playback.
>
> On the other hand, seeing this low enthusiasm, we perhaps shouldn't apply at
> all (which would be sad IMO).
>
> Best regards.

I'm trying to contribute to Rockbox since I find it 1 weeks ago from
GSoC 2011's list, I'm also try to join GSoC2012.I've tried Rockbox on
UISimulator(on the Sansa Clip+ target), it's really impressive.I also
hope Rockbox would take part in GSoC in the future. I think it's a
good entry for new contributor to Rockbox.