Subject: Re: Rockbox and Google summer of code 2012

Re: Rockbox and Google summer of code 2012

From: Frank Gevaerts <frank_at_gevaerts.be>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 16:23:47 +0100

On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 09:26:42AM -0500, Jason Taylor wrote:
> But otoh the fact is you guys do not allow just anyone to submit project
> ideas, so 99% were not even allowed to contribute ideas.

I have no idea how you came to this conclusion. The SummerOfCode2012
wiki page clearly states:

"NOTE: This is not a general wish list for Rockbox features. Don't add a
 project here without discussing it with the Rockbox developers first"

And in my email where I asked for ideas, I said:

"If you are not a committer, your ideas are of course also welcome, but
 please discuss them first here or on irc in #rockbox."

Can you maybe offer some suggestions on how we can clarify that further
next time? Maybe "your ideas are welcome" doesn't convey my intended
meaning of "your ideas are welcome" very well, so any help here would be
appreciated.

Frank