Subject: Re: Classic holdswitch polling

Re: Classic holdswitch polling

From: Thomas Martitz <kugel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 21:00:19 +0100

Am 07.03.2012 20:37, schrieb Marcin Bukat:
>> Making an async, interrupt driven i2c driver that can initiate reads in
>> another interrupt handler and call a callback when complete ain't exactly
>> rocket science. There are targets that do that.
> Very true, but someone needs to implement this on classic.
>
> Although current issue is target specific I opt to not introduce
> another hack just for classic
> I see 2 potential solutions:
> 1) move keyreading off ISR (on all targets to keep it consistent)
> 2) implement async i2c driver on classic

Why do you consider this a hack? And why should other targets where key
reading is simple and fast (i.e. nice) in ISR suffer only due to the
classic?

FWIW, targets can do what they want. The button tick only calls
button_read_device(). That can read the HW or read some global variable
or whatever other way is best for the target. How do you want to "move
keyreading off ISR" there?

Best regards.