Subject: A DevCon proposal

A DevCon proposal

From: Frank Gevaerts <>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 21:03:21 +0100

It appears I can organise DevCon2012 at work, in Hasselt, Belgium.

The location has a meeting room that should be able to hold the usual
DevCon crowd (i.e. 10 to 15 people), although it's not very big. There's
some open space in the building though, so we can manage overflows
without too many problems.

There's an internet connection that should be fast enough for what we need,
and enough coffee to make people happy, and the meeting room had a new
air conditioning unit installed last year (and I know how to control

For food, there are: a supermarket, self service restaurant, and fast
food places within DAP-throwing distance, other places are bit further

Hasselt has a decent selection of hotels in various price ranges, and
there's a hostel about 10km away. This isn't a large metropolitan area
though, so don't expect public transport at 3am.

Ideally we'd have a few cars available to get everyone around, but I
think we should be able to get those.

Getting to Hasselt from Brussels Airport is reasonably easy by train,
with just one change and about one hour and a quarter travel time,
although you might be able to get a ride from a passing former DevCon
organiser if you're lucky.

(for the curious:,5.302581)

PS: the best way to make this proposal even better is to spur me on with
competition, so please propose your competing locations!