Subject: Re: re FS#12625 - Sleep timer setting is broken

Re: re FS#12625 - Sleep timer setting is broken

From: Richard Fröhning <omnirox_at_shokk.de>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 13:32:35 +0200

On 28/03/12 13:14, Nick Peskett wrote:
> On 27/03/2012 23:33, Jonathan Gordon wrote:
>> I dont' see discussion in either of those links about stripping the
>> options down, and anyway, they can probably be ignored anyway. Would
>> you like to split it back to how it was?
>
> I think the main objection with the way I'd split it, if a user was
> always choosing different sleep timer durations, it would be two menu
> options instead of one.

first I liked your idea to integrate the sleeptimer and cancel and show
the "time left" into one menu line.
Only later I saw you cant add this function to the quick screen.
And using a %bs in wps is far easier to get the information how long
until sleep.

Since I do switch between sleep timer on/off quite often - its not nice
to go through menus every time.

So I reverted the sleeptimer duration to an int menu and added a menu
point "Run Sleep Timer" (bool),
which starts/stops the timer duration and resets it - if started, and
runs the the StartOnBootTimer if enabled....
Now you can easily add every single item to the quickmenu screen - which
gives the user more flexibility.

I would supply a patch if anybody is interested.

Cheers

Richard