Subject: Re: How to debug gapless issues?

Re: How to debug gapless issues?

From: Jonas Wielicki <j.wielicki_at_sotecware.net>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 19:23:26 +0200

On 06/05/12 18:51, Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> And you just copied the files over, not adding (big) album art or
> something like that?
I never was a friend of album art, so, yes, its only the files.

>> So basically I'm looking for pointers on where to look for potential
>> gap-causers or in general means to debug this problem. Any suggestions?
> One way could be to enable logf in buffering and perhaps playback. If
> you add
> the current tick to the log line, you should be able to zero in on any
> delays.
Where exactly does the logf output go to and how do I enable it? I
grepped for logf definitions, but I was rather confused by the hits.

> Have you tried increasing the anti-skip buffer? That should tell if it is
> related to "spin up".
I tried that some time ago and its still up at 10min.

> And you have tried clearing all settings too, I hope. That has a
> tendency to fix
> strange problems... :)
I cleared the settings when I reinstalled rockbox after putting in the SSD.

Well, I was watching the buffering thread debugscreen once more and
found that the pcm buffer starves on track change. Is that the intended
behaviour, but without the wait for refill or should it never starve on
(expected) track change at all? If so, that would be a hint I guess.

cheers