Subject: Re: Archos Recorder build fails: too big

Re: Archos Recorder build fails: too big

From: Bertrik Sikken <bertrik_at_sikken.nl>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 16:50:59 +0200

> The archos recorder build has tipped over the limit for size, and now the
> autobuild always fails.
>
> The tipping point was commit bd6e6ed but the code has been growing
> steadily so I wouldn't say this particular commit is any more responsible
> than others before it.
>
> Still, we need to fix this somehow. Maybe someone could take a look at
> recent features and decide if some of them might be disabled for the
> recorder?
>
> Other suggestions?

As I understood from some brief discussion about this on IRC,
it can also be fixed by creating a bootloader for the archoses.
(I don't know all of the technical details though).

A bootloader should still fit in the available space for a very long time,
there will be no need to cut features for archos rockbox.

With kind regards,
Bertrik