Subject: Re: Rbutil suggestion

Re: Rbutil suggestion

From: Dominik Riebeling <>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 21:41:58 +0200

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 11:39 PM, Laz Mesa <> wrote:

I've had a look into it (though I don't consider those voices to be
"absolutely free" since there are only binary downloads). To my
surprise it turned out that we can support this Speech Platform thing
with a rather limited number of changes using the already existing
sapi_voice.vbs script. This requires some additional changes to
Rockbox Utility though, but it should be doable in a reasonable amount
of time. The main problem is to figure how to handle two voice engines
that actually use the same script in Rockbox Utility.

 - Dominik