Subject: Re: Freeze update/USB issues

Re: Freeze update/USB issues

From: Alex Parker <parker.alex.e_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 18:28:08 +0100

An update:

On 03/09/12 20:25, Alex Parker wrote:

> 1) The Nano2G USB is still disabled.

I think I spotted a commit that will let rbutil offer 3.10 as a stable
release. It obviously isn't ideal to get two releases behind on the
nano 2G, but as it doesn't seem that anybody is going to fix it
imminently, I propose to not let this stop us.

> 2) SansaAMS USB still seems rather unstable from anecdotal evidence. Is
> this bad enough to want to disable it for the release? Can they reboot
> to the OF, would that be wanted?

So we can't reboot to the OF on USB (it causes problems), do we just
disable USB on these and release them anyway? Or not release them, in
the same way as with the Nano 2G?

> 3) This is the big one - http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/12743 - it
> seems that depending on what settings are enabled, USB on a number of
> targets triggers/causes data aborts.

A fix has been committed for this, thank you very much to all those
involved in hunting it down and fixing.

Alex