Subject: Re: Freeze update/USB issues

Re: Freeze update/USB issues

From: Dominik Riebeling <>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 11:27:40 +0200

Am 15.09.2012 15:38 schrieb "Frank Gevaerts" <frank
<>@<> <>>:
> (b) disable USB for the release. This involves releasing a new bootloader
so we
> boot the OF on connect, and we know that USB reboot on AMSv2 is
> (or did that get fixed with b61b14f5?) so people have to reboot
> first anyway.

This unfortunately is not that easy -- the code deciding what to boot on
USB in the boot loader is inserted by mkamsboot and as such integrated in
mkamsboot / Rockbox Utility. This is a dependency I don't like at all (and
I mentioned that back when we had the support questions when the boot
target was changed) but as of now that is how things are. Maybe our boot
loader should have a header indicating what to boot and mkamsboot including
/ being able to adjust the boot target depending on that.

Oh, and afaik mkimxboot does the same thing ...

  - Domink