Subject: Re: Rockbox 3.12 released!

Re: Rockbox 3.12 released!

From: William Porteous <awesomecomputergeek9001_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 16:09:37 -0700

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 1:34 PM, Thomas Martitz <kugel_at_rockbox.org> wrote:

> Am 15.10.2012 22:24, schrieb Dominik Riebeling:
>
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 10:06 PM, Thomas Martitz <kugel_at_rockbox.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I guess the problem is that he gets 3.11.2 instead of 3.12.
>>>
>> If he installs manually it's up to him what he installs. So no
>> possibility for a surprise here. Manually installing doesn't involve
>> Rockbox Utility, so it's still unclear to me what "it" is (besides,
>> Rockbox Utility installs 3.12 for me, as expected).
>>

> We still offer the "Option 2: Manual install" on the release download
> page. If that leads to 3.11.2 it's clearly wrong. However I can download
> 3.12 there. Perhaps some page was not refreshed correctly?

as Alex said, builds.pm wasn't updated. I didn't know that that was the
issue, so I stated what the download link was pointing to, which was (at
the time i replied) pointing to RB 3.11.2 as tested by installing to my
player and booting. I only opened the page after I received the
announcement email, so refreshes were not the problem. i just tested it now
and can download RB 3.12 from the "manual install" link, so everything is
fixed.