Subject: Re: Raspberry pi cross-compiler

Re: Raspberry pi cross-compiler

From: Torne Wuff <torne_at_wolfpuppy.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 11:21:20 +0000

There really isn't any reason to want to do this. It would be much more
work to get a less useful system - you'd have to write drivers for all the
hardware (which Linux already has) and you would lose much of the
functionality of the device in the process (no USB host, no networking).
The Pi's hardware is not particularly well documented in the first place
(the ARM peripheral manual is full of typos and outright errors, and isn't
exactly complete), and the Broadcom video chip's manuals are not public at
all so Rockbox would be unable to make use of it.