Subject: Re: the Mach Speed mp3 players

Re: the Mach Speed mp3 players

From: Bertrik Sikken <bertrik_at_sikken.nl>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 20:58:23 +0100

On 3-1-2013 4:35, Scott Berry wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I just got a Machspeed Eclipse device for Christmas. Can anyone give me
> some pointers how to find out about the OS they are using plus specs on
> processors and other items I might need to build Rockbox on this
> device? I am looking at possibly making a port if I can gather enough
> info for this device. Thanks for the help.

Can you perhaps find a firmware upgrade file for this player?
If so, we can probably have a look at it and see if it matches anything
that we already know.

You can try google for finding PCB images to try to recognise chips in
on the PCB. If there's an FCC id somewhere on the device or on the
packaging, you can sometimes find images of the internals on the FCC
web site.

As a last resort you can open the player yourself (if it's possible to
do so without damaging it).

Regards,
Bertrik