Subject: Re: 540e5d1: Forget about fixedpoint.c in any HWCODEC bin.

Re: 540e5d1: Forget about fixedpoint.c in any HWCODEC bin.

From: Michael Sevakis <jethead71_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 16:27:43 -0400

> In what way are the compilation conditions different which makes it
> impossible to link to all?

Different functions and data are used from the source depending upon
plugins, codecs or firmware and not everything is compiled
with --ffunction-sections / --fdata-sections. Can the archive be compiled
that way even if the what links to it is not and have it properly discard
unused code and data? I suppose I can just try it if noone knows offhand.

Mike