Subject: Touch device and soft/key locks.

Touch device and soft/key locks.

From: Jean-Louis Biasini <jlbiasini_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 16:00:34 +0300

Hi all,

I'm locking for direction on how to improve the handling of touch device
by the locking feature. The mains problem of such device as pamaury
already stated for the fuze+ is that they tends shoot event all the time
resulting in lcd refresh killing battery time when not worse (see
FS12874 first comment)
So I'm working on a touchdev disable while locked. I first wrote a
touchdev_disable, touchdev_wakeup function that was putting the touchpad
in sleeps mode see: g#523
It has been pointed out (gevearts) that it then make the feature
avallaible only for target whose driver handle power function.
The problem at the action.c level is that if we don't kill the touchpad
itself we have to find a way to differency touch event from hardkeys ones.
 From here I see several ways:
- add a touchdev_make_silent to all touch device drivers that make them
silent
- group all hard keys for each touch device in a BUTTON_HARD_KEYS define
that we can compare to the key fired in action.c

Do you see others ones? Which one would be the best?
I'm a bit of a beginner on advanced code so if you have suggestion about
how to do it right I'll be happy to learn.

thanks in advance

Jean-Louis Biasini