Subject: Re: Volume handling: steps and radio

Re: Volume handling: steps and radio

From: Amaury Pouly <>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 10:48:15 +0200

2013/7/23 Guillaume Cocatre-Zilgien <>

> On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 5:53 PM, Amaury Pouly <>
> wrote:
> > The driver rewrite making them working with 0.1dB steps is not related to
> > the equaliser. I suggest you start a dedicated discussion on this
> particular
> > issue.
> My concern is with anything in Rockbox that makes users deal with
> 0.1dB steps. I'm not sure what you're suggesting: should I send the
> same message with a new suject line?

Yes. The fact that the volume is handled is at the 0.1dB is invisible to
the user: only the actual hardware steps are shown. For example if the
device only has 1dB resolution, the user will never ever see <1dB
resolution. Maybe this is not the case for the equaliser, and then it needs
some discussion. Or maybe open a bug report.