Subject: Re: Rockbox and the Cowon D20

Re: Rockbox and the Cowon D20

From: Steph.MMyahoo <>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2013 16:49:07 +0200

Le 05/09/2013 14:42, Attila Kinali a écrit :
> Hi,
> Ok, once again. This time to the right mailinglist (sorry about that).
> I bought a Cowon D20 a week ago and, well, the UI sucks.
> So i'm willing to go trough the steps to get Rockbox working
> on this thing (the hardware seems to be nice otherwise).
> I know the types of all major chips on the board and have some datasheets.
> But where do i start? Which is the most painless path to take?
> And how do i recover from bricking the device?
> I know a bit of how to develop on embedded systems and can solder
> if there is a need to. I have a JTAG dongle (but i doubt that OpenOCD
> supports the TCC7901) and the JTAG pins are nicely labled on the PCB
> (see
> So, could someone provide me with some background information on
> how to RE the cowon devices?
> Thanks in advance
> Attila Kinali
D20 looks very similar to the D2 which works flawlessly with rockbox.
Although D2 status is unstable due to potential issues with external SD
memory, I never had any problem with it.
I am only an end user and understand nothing about hacking but I wonder
if you have tried to adapt D2 hacks to the D20 ?
Hardware wise D2 still beats D20 on max sound power but D20 gets beaten
on battery life and of course... availability.

Tshaw !!

Envoyé de mon aMac