Subject: Re: Extending the metronome plugin

Re: Extending the metronome plugin

From: Thomas Orgis <>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 09:11:31 +0200

Am Mon, 30 Jun 2014 00:07:29 +0200
schrieb Steph <>:

> and I am not even sure I would have figured out how to install it.

I guess one could build it for a released Rockbox version and then just
copy over the plugin, but that won't do the integration with the .tempo
file type, I guess. What I did was to install the stable Rockbox from
the GUI Installer and then replaced the .rockbox folder with one built
on my GNU/Linux machine from current sources as described on the
Rockbox website.

I guess I could provide that .rockbox folder, if you trust random
people from the internet with your nephew's audio player's software;-)
He'd just have to copy it over to the device via USB. Downside: I'm not
sure what happens to selected skins et al. But it's easy to get that
back: Just do a backup of .rockbox/. For more guidance, I guess other
seasoned Rockbox folks can provide accurate info on how to easily test
new plugins.

Alrighty then,