Subject: Re: Rick Dangerous coming to Rockbox... a new (old) game for the best DAP firmware ever! :)

Re: Rick Dangerous coming to Rockbox... a new (old) game for the best DAP firmware ever! :)

From: Frank Gevaerts <frank_at_gevaerts.be>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 10:54:09 +0200

On Wed, Oct 01, 2014 at 09:58:21AM +0200, Marcin Bukat wrote:
> This should work. This is the same situation as with emulators which we
> allow. The question is where from you get resource files.

I'm assuming the files are freely redistributable at least here. There
are two options, I think. Either they're hosted on rockbox.org (talk to
Björn (Zagor on irc) about whether this is an option, I don't know if
there are issues with hosting non-free data there), or you keep them on
e.g. your github space. In any case, it would probably be useful if you
also talk to the Rockbox Utility people about installing these files.

> There should be
> at least free demo available IMO (but from the other hand we don't request
> availability of free roms for emulators).

Ideally, yes, but the emulators are indeed a precedent, especially the
pacbox one, which is really designed for a single game (although it runs
a few variants). I don't think this is a real issue.

Frank