Subject: Re: How do I "disable hardware components" for power savings?

Re: How do I "disable hardware components" for power savings?

From: Paul Louden via rockbox-dev <>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 17:18:49 -0500

This doesn't seem like a "development" question. Are you asking for
programming help in disabling hardware components, or are you just asking
about how to change settings in the firmware, which oddly is exactly what
the section of the manual you're quoting is already telling you how to do?

When you turn off a setting, if that setting uses special hardware, that
hardware will automatically be disabled if that's something we know how to
do. It's not something user-facing. As the manual section you quoted say,
the manual gives you an overview of the relevant settings.

Some of us watch the -dev list only, because it's for actual development
issues, and choose not to be involved with the support list. Please don't
bring your support issues over to this list if you aren't getting answers
there. And if you didn't even ask this there first, well, that's where it
really should've been asked if it's about non-development issues.