Subject: Re: Sleep (After Backlight Off) option

Re: Sleep (After Backlight Off) option

From: Boris Gjenero via rockbox-dev <rockbox-dev_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 00:11:03 -0400

On 2015-05-20 11:23 PM, Eduard Kutuev via rockbox-dev wrote:
> Is Settings - General Settings - Display - LCD Settings - Sleep (After Backlight Off) option used by anyone? It keeps touchscreen work after backlight is off. Why does it have default setting to 10s instead of Always?
> It looks like a very annoying bug for users who don’t suppose there’s such an option.

With a transreflective LCD such as on the 5G iPod, the LCD remains
visible with the backlight turned off when there's enough external
light. In that case, I think it makes sense to be able to shut down the
LCD in stages, first turning off the backlight after one delay and then
the LCD after another delay.

This is not particularly important to me though.

BTW. I just notice one way to cause a problem: if I turn off the
backlight, I can't turn on the LCD by touching the controls. So, if I
wanted the backlight to stay off and the LCD to come on when I use the
controls and shut off after a specific time, I can't do that. I never
wanted to do this because it would be a problem in the dark.