Subject: Help needed with iBasso DX80 Port

Help needed with iBasso DX80 Port

From: Matthew Kelch via rockbox-dev <rockbox-dev_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 18:11:07 +0000

Hi All,

I’m currently working on a port to the iBasso DX80. Much like the iBasso
DX50/DX90, the DX80 runs a 'modified' version of Android. The DX80 does
run a newer version of Android (5.1) as compared to the DX50/DX90 (4.2).

What I have accomplished so far:
- Unpackeing/repacking of update.mg
- Enabling ADB
- Getting a build environment setup using modern-ish tools (thanks [Saint]!)
- Building Rockbox and the ‘ibassoboot’ loader as 'Position Independent
Executables'
- Pushing the .rockbox directory to /data/.rockbox and the loader
application in /system/bin/MangoPlayer

The loader application is fairly simple and crashes for reasons that I
understand. I am confident that I can modify it to work correctly on the
DX80 pretty quickly.

My primary issue at this point is with Rockbox itself. The initial issue I
ran into is that Android 5.1 requires a 'Position Independent Executable’.
I was able to make some changes directly to the Makefile (
https://gist.github.com/kelchm/e53b2f952fcf1f22c6da) — adding the -pie and
-fPIE flags with with some help from users in #rockbox. However, now when I
go to run the Rockbox binary on my DX80, it instantly gets sigkilled before
any useful information can be gathered:
https://gist.github.com/kelchm/4561ea22119655392951

If anyone has any advice or guidance on where to head next I would greatly
appreacite it.

Thanks,
Matt