Subject: iRiver H300 bootloader once more

iRiver H300 bootloader once more

From: Aura Kelloniemi via rockbox-dev <rockbox-dev_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 22:30:15 +0200

Hello fellow users and devs,

I have a few questions about the iRiver H300-series bootloader, which I post to
both rockbox mailing lists, because this is also related to building the boot
loader.

I have understood, that the H300 boot loader is currently broken, and
flashing it will brick the device, am I right?

In order to install the boot loader, I need an original firmware file for the
iRiver, which is currently very hard to find. I found an 1.29EU version, which
is not the newest that has been released (which is 1.30 or 1.31). Does anyone
have the newest firmware released by iRiver folks?

The newest official release of the rockbox boot loader is very old and it has
some issues: no charging and no RTC alarm. These have been implemented in SVN
(nowadays git) and XavierGr said some seven years ago that SVN revision r12547
has a working bootloader.

However, I'm very afraid of trying to build it and merge it with an old iRiver
firmware file. I don't know if the iRiver build's tool chain has been updated,
etc.

XavierGr had a working firmware image merged with 1.31K iRiver firmware, but I
don't know if he is around any more.

But if someone has a working firmware image file, I would be very glad to hear
about it.

Otherwise I would like to have some guidance on building my own boot loader.

Thank you for reading this, and for any help you may be able to provide!

--
Aura