The port to for this two targets has been entirely developped by Ilia Sergachev (alias Il or xzcc). His source can be found at https://bitbucket.org/isergachev/rockbox . The few necesary modifications for the DX90 port was done by headwhacker form head-fi.org. Unfortunately i could not try out the final state of the DX90 port. The port is hosted on android (without java) as standalone app. The official Firmware is required to run this port. Ilia did modify the source files for the "android" target in the rockbox source to make the DX port work. The work I did was to separate the code for DX50 (&DX90) from the android target. On this Target Ilia used source from tinyalsa from AOSP. I did not touch that part of the code because I do not understand it. What else I changed from Ilias sources besides the separation from the target "android":
* removed a dirty hack to keep backlight off
* changed value battery meter to voltage battery meter
* made all plugins compile (named target as "standalone") and added keymaps
* i added the graphics for the manual but did not do anything else for the manual yet
* minor optimizations
* timers are slowed donw when playback is active (tinyalsa related?)
* some minor bugs
Things to do:
* The main prolem will be how to install the app correctly. A guy called DOC2008 added a CWM (by androtab.info) to the official firmware and Ilia made a CWM installation script and a dualboot selector (rbutils/ibassoboot, build with ndk-build). We will have to find a way to install rockbox in a proper way without breaking any copyrights. Maybe ADB is an option but it is not enable with OF by default. Patching the OF is probably the way to go.
* All the wiki and manual
to build: needed: android ndk installed, android sdk installed with additional build-tools 19.1.0 installed
./tools/configure select iBasso DX50 or iBasso DX90 make -j apk
the content of rockbox.zip/.rockbox needs to be copied to /system/rockbox/app_rockbox/rockbox/ (rockbox app not needed) the content of libs/armeabi to /system/rockbox/lib/ (rockbox app needed)
The boot selector is needed as /system/bin/MangoPlayer and the iBasso app as /system/bin/MangoPlayer_original. There is also the "vold" file. The one from OF does not work with DX50 rockbox (DX90 works!?), the one from Ilia is necessary.
Until we have found a proper way to install it, it can only be installed following the instructions of Ilia on his bitbucket page, using the CWM-OF and his installation script package.
The code did not call xmlInitParser() and would call xmlCleanupParser() each time which is doubly wrong because 1) it's not init 2) all init/cleanup must be done from the main thread. To ensure 2), call it from a static ctor.
2a35c4cG#950: FS #9583 - periodic table
- original rockbox port: Yifu Huang
- original work: Jonathan Bettencourt
- modifications made:
- Add element 117 (ununseptium)
- Implemented up/down
- Fixed actinide/lanthanide navigation so that they are between scandium and titanium
- Added manual entry
- Fixed FG/BG colors