FS#10220 - beastpatcher: rework for VS / w32
Opened by Dominik Riebeling (bluebrother) - Tuesday, 19 May 2009, 09:31 GMT
Last edited by Dominik Riebeling (bluebrother) - Monday, 08 June 2009, 18:04 GMT
This is a first try to improve beastpatcher on windows and allow using VS2005:
- VS doesn't support inttypes.h. This patch includes the BSD licensed header pstdint.h from http://www.azillionmonkeys.com/qed/pstdint.h
- VS doesn't support bool when compiling C files. The DLL API has been modified to not return a bool but int instead. The API has been intentionally changed further to break compatibility (functions renamed to use clearer names).
- update the MTP_DLL API to also scan for devices.
- rename MTP/MTP_DLL/sendfirm_win.c to avoid confusion with MTP/sendfirm_win.c and split out the progresshelper class.
- update MTP_DLL.h so it can get used for inclusion in beastpatcher / sendfirm, removing the need to have duplicated extern declarations for the functions exported by the DLL.
- provide a vcproj file for building beastpatcher.
- update MTP_DLL vcproj file to also copy the resulting dll file to the MTP folder for convenience.
This patch still needs some cleanup but it basically works. Also attached an updated DLL build with VS2005.
Monday, 08 June 2009, 18:04 GMT
Reason for closing: Accepted