Rockbox

Tasklist

FS#10976 - String <untagged> isn't in language files

Attached to Project: Rockbox
Opened by Marek Salaba (salaba) - Saturday, 06 February 2010, 23:33 GMT
Last edited by Jonathan Gordon (jdgordon) - Thursday, 20 May 2010, 13:25 GMT
Task Type Bugs
Category Language
Status Closed
Assigned To No-one
Operating System All players
Severity Low
Priority Normal
Reported Version Daily build (which?)
Due in Version Undecided
Due Date Undecided
Percent Complete 100%
Votes 0
Private No

Details

I found that string <untagged> using in tag browser / tag cache
isn't in language files.

Here is my example which could be added to english.lang, but it is still necessary to make the necessary modifications to the source code to interpret it, to which I do not have any apprentice of an experienced.

<phrase>
id: LANG_TAGNAVI_UNTAGGED
desc: "<untagged>" entry in tag browser
user: core
<source>
*: "<untagged>"
</source>
<dest>
*: "<untagged>"
</dest>
<voice>
*: "untagged"
</voice>
</phrase>
This task depends upon

Closed by  Jonathan Gordon (jdgordon)
Thursday, 20 May 2010, 13:25 GMT
Reason for closing:  Fixed
Additional comments about closing:  in r26192.
Comment by Rui Araújo (Akur) - Tuesday, 09 February 2010, 16:33 GMT
This happens because the tag <untagged> is used when building the database.
Comment by Marek Salaba (salaba) - Tuesday, 09 February 2010, 21:48 GMT
I found string "<Untagged>" that is hard defined in file /apps/tagcache.c
on line 96 :
#define UNTAGGED "<Untagged>"

Other string for tag bwovser / tag cache are defined in file /apps/tagtree.c
on lines 1150 :
dptr->name = str(LANG_TAGNAVI_ALL_TRACKS);
and line 1157 :
dptr->name = str(LANG_TAGNAVI_RANDOM);

I think that would be sufficient to adjust in file /apps/tagcache.c
the line 96 like this :
#define UNTAGGED LANG_TAGNAVI_UNTAGGED
And add new id: LANG_TAGNAVI_UNTAGGED to file /apps/lang/english.lang
as I wrote example in base of this report.

Comment by Jonathan Gordon (jdgordon) - Tuesday, 09 February 2010, 21:52 GMT
no, doing that will break the database if you try moving it between targets or even when loading a different language.
The way to do it is to rename the entry in tagtree.c when the search results are loaded.
Comment by Rui Araújo (Akur) - Tuesday, 09 February 2010, 22:57 GMT
I was working on it and I have submitted a patch for it.

See please  FS#10992 .
Comment by Marek Salaba (salaba) - Tuesday, 09 February 2010, 23:34 GMT
Great work Akur.
We will waiting to cominting.

Loading...