Rockbox

Tasklist

FS#11414 - .mod files - metadata in incorrect fields

Attached to Project: Rockbox
Opened by Mantas (grawity) - Thursday, 17 June 2010, 21:51 GMT
Last edited by Bertrik Sikken (bertrik) - Sunday, 10 October 2010, 10:25 GMT
Task Type Bugs
Category ID3 / meta data
Status Closed
Assigned To No-one
Operating System All players
Severity Low
Priority Normal
Reported Version Daily build (which?)
Due in Version Undecided
Due Date Undecided
Percent Complete 100%
Votes 0
Private No

Details

I have a few .mod module files [1] on my iPod. Rockbox is able to play them, but it displays their metadata incorrectly: The module title is shown as "Artist", and the "Title" field remains blank. (The .MOD format only supports storing a title, no other data.) This is very annoying, especially since it makes all .MOD files appear as a bunch of "<untagged>" tracks in the Database.

--- Expected output ---
Artist: (none)
Album: (none)
Title: Floating Dimension

--- Actual output ---
Artist: Floating Dimension
Album: (none)
Title: (none)

[1] description: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Module_file
[2] sample files: http://www.textfiles.com/artscene/music/mods/MODS/
[3] sample files: http://nullroute.eu.org/MUSIX.LIB/MOD.COL/

Version: r26899-100617 for ipodnano2g
This task depends upon

Closed by  Bertrik Sikken (bertrik)
Sunday, 10 October 2010, 10:25 GMT
Reason for closing:  Fixed
Additional comments about closing:  Fixed in SVN r28228
Comment by Bertrik Sikken (bertrik) - Saturday, 19 June 2010, 16:01 GMT
I can confirm that the title is indeed used as artist, there's even a comment in the code: "Copy Title as artist". I don't know if this was on purpose or not.
Comment by Bertrik Sikken (bertrik) - Saturday, 19 June 2010, 18:08 GMT
In the SVN situation, there's apparently some kind of fallback where the name of the file (minus the ".mod")

I tried filling the title part with the .mod title and it seems to work, it does show up in the database under "track", except now the WPS (cabbiev2) shows "(root)" for the artist.
Attached is the patch I tried.
   mod.diff (0.6 KiB)
Comment by Mantas (grawity) - Saturday, 19 June 2010, 19:14 GMT
The WPS could be fixed to show "(unknown artist)" and nothing for Album; this is not a big issue.

Loading...