This is the bug/patch tracker for Rockbox. Click here for more information.
FS#12176 - New Chiptune codec pack based on Game_Music_Emu library ;)
Hi, this is a codec pack containing all codecs based on blargg's
I have ported all code to C to work in ROCKbox, and i have replaced the
MAME versions of some emulators with others compatible with the GPL license.
It was a lot of work but i did it because i really love chiptune music and having the
possibility to listen to a lot of classic video game system's music in a small player
is really great ;).
Original Game_Music_Emu library here: http://slack.net/~ant/libs/audio.html
Tested on: Sansa Fuze v2
Created from revision: 30084
The following formats are contained in the pack:
- AY (ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC)
- GBS (Nintendo Game Boy)
- HES (NEC TurboGrafx-16, PC Engine)
- KSS (MSX Home Computer, other z80 systems)
- NSF, NSFE (Nintendo NES, Famicom)
- SGC (Sega Master System, Game Gear, Coleco Vision)
- VGM, VGZ (Sega Master System, Mark III, Sega Genesis, Mega Driver, BBC Micro)
- 44100 Khz, stereo playback.
- Support all sound chips in NSF/NSFE formats.
- Support MSX-AUDIO and MSX-MUSIC in KSS format .
- Support ADPCM samples in HES format.
- Support for extended m3u playlists created specially for
some chiptune formats.
- Some (or all) codecs might not work in some targets, specially
if they have an small iram size, or if the codec is too cpu intensive,
like VGM and KSS.
- Subsong change is not working properly, specially when it happens
- Most vgz tracks will be truncated due to the small amount of free
memory available to uncompress them.
- Some SCC+ soundtracks might not work correctly.
** There might be several bugs and issues to be found yet, so please feel free to
report them here or to my mail address.
Special thanks to:
- Shay Green (blargg) the original author of the great Game_Music_Emu
- Chris Moeller (kode54) who made some nice improvements to the library.
- Mitsutaka Okazaki, author of the YM2413 emulator.
- The OpenMSX team for the YM8950 emulator.
- Stéphane Dallongeville for the YM2612 emulator.
- Joshua Chang, Haiku Konaru and everyone else who has helped me to
test the codecs.
This task depends upon