FS#5191 - H120 LCD remote unresponsive in some menus (use player buttons instead)
Opened by Wolfgang Weisselberg (weissel) - Thursday, 20 April 2006, 22:40 GMT
Last edited by Marcoen Hirschberg (marcoen) - Thursday, 29 June 2006, 11:52 GMT
Version CVS-060418 on H120 w/LCD-remote
Medium severity since it can be solved w/o reset and avoided by being careful, but it's easy to fall into, very user unfriendly and surprising at least to neophytes.
Targets: I don't know if that happens on other platforms, but assume at least the H3xx may behave similarly with an LCD remote.
Using the H120 LCD remote control, it is easy to enter some menu and have the remote become completely unresponsive. Backlight still works, but that's all
To solve the problem, one has to pull out the main unit and use it's buttons.
This behaviour is completely unexpected (has Rockbox crashed?) and annoying (keeping the player in the backpack or pocked is foiled).
Even if you use the H120 to switch to these menu points, the remote becomes unresponsive.
- A-B | Recent Bookmarks
- A-B | Sound Settings | Equalizer | Graphical EQ
- A-B | Sound Settings | Equalizer | Save EQ Preset (the virtual keyboard)
- A-B | Manage Settings | write .cfg file (the virtual keyboard again)
- A-B | Playlist Options | View Current Playlist | A-B | Save Current Playlist (virtual keyboard)
- A-B | Playlist Options | Save Current Playlist (virtual keyboard)
- A-B | Info | Rockbox Info
- A-B | Debug | View I/O Ports
- A-B | Debug | CPU frequency
- A-B | Debug | S/PDIF analyzer
- A-B | Debug | View OS stacks
- A-B | Debug | View battery
- A-B | Debug | View HW info
- A-B | Debug | View partitions
- A-B | Debug | View disk info
- A-B | Debug | View dircache info
- A-B | Debug | View tagcache info
- A-B | Debug | View audio thread
- A-B | Debug | View runtime
- A-B | Debug | FM radio
- NAVI (long) | Sound Settings | Equalizer | Graphical EQ
- NAVI (long) | Playlist | Seach in Playlist (the virtual keyboard)
- NAVI (long) | Show ID3 Info
- NAVI (long) | Graphical EQ
and probably many plugins and a few other menu entries.
* No action on the remote may cause the remote to become unresponsive.
Hence, to solve, I see at least the following possibilities:
* gray out/block/remove the offending entries from the LCD remote.
* show a "Sorry, that doesn't work on the remote, press STOP to back out" when these entries are selected, and make STOP work.
* build an remote LCD capable version (e.g. the virtual keyboard could work with scrolling on the screen)
* switch to an alternate version (e.g. the simple & and advanced EQ settings instead of the graphical one)
View Dependency Graph
Wednesday, 19 July 2006, 23:19 GMT
Reason for closing: Fixed
Additional comments about closing: all done, apart from debug screens.