FS#6205 - Delayed buffering of a new track after playback resume and rewind
Opened by Václav Brožík (pabouk) - Wednesday, 18 October 2006, 15:49 GMT
Last edited by Steve Bavin (pondlife) - Thursday, 19 October 2006, 16:32 GMT
Brandon Low repaired the bug http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/5906 by this commit:
17 Oct 12:56 Brandon Low apps/playback.c 1.365 Remove fill_bytesleft, simplify some buffering code, fix
Thank you, Brandon.
Unfortunately this repair revealed a new bug which could be observed under the same conditions. To be able to hear the gap while reproducing the bug use tracks which should play without a gap between them.
1. Play an MP3 file (not the last one in a directory).
2. Seek near to the end of the file (i.e. 30 seconds before the end).
3. Stop the playback. (A resume point is stored.)
4. Resume the playback by pressing PLAY.
5. Seek before the time point of resume. (Rockbock will rebuffer probably just the remainder of the track.)
6. Wait till the beginning of the next track.
7. Rockbox will start to buffer the next track too late - about 1 second before the end of the playing track although the default 5 seconds Anti-skip buffer is configured. As a result a gap will appear between the tracks.
Last reproduced on iriver H120, Rockbox CVS 061018-1412.
Monday, 23 October 2006, 16:48 GMT
Reason for closing: Fixed
Additional comments about closing: Fixed, many thanks for all the testing and logging!