Rockbox

Tasklist

FS#6658 - Duplicated titles with TagCache

Attached to Project: Rockbox
Opened by Atle Rinvoll (arinvoll) - Tuesday, 13 February 2007, 08:39 GMT
Task Type Bugs
Category ID3 / meta data
Status Closed
Assigned To No-one
Operating System Iriver H100 series
Severity Low
Priority Normal
Reported Version
Due in Version Undecided
Due Date Undecided
Percent Complete 100%
Votes 0
Private No

Details

Running RockBox r12205-070205 on iRiver iHP140 with TagCache enabled and about 6500 titles.

After a while all the song titles are duplicated in the title list under each album. The albums and artists are not duplicated. A re-init of the TagCache solves the problem, but only temporary. The duplication returns after a while. I have not found a pattern to reproduce this behaviour, it just happens.

Best regards

\\Atle
This task depends upon

Closed by  Miika Pekkarinen (miipekk)
Sunday, 11 March 2007, 08:54 GMT
Reason for closing:  Fixed
Additional comments about closing:  Fixed  FS#6758  , related to that.
Comment by Paul Louden (darkkone) - Tuesday, 13 February 2007, 22:39 GMT
Can you provide more information?

Are you using Dircache, Auto-updating tagcache, manually updating it, etc?

More information about how long it takes to occur would be helpful too, and if it seems to do it only after USB connections, or any other patterns relating to it.
Comment by Atle Rinvoll (arinvoll) - Wednesday, 14 February 2007, 11:46 GMT
I have the following settings for TagCache:

Load to RAM: Yes
Auto Update: On
Gather Runtime Data: On
Directory Cache: Off (should this be On?)

I have not manage to see a pattern in this, but it happens quite often (maybe once a day). I have seen, though, that it often happens after skipping tracks while the harddrive is running, but not always. I have also noticed that the iRiver sometimes hangs and must be reset if I change track while the HD is running. After the reset this problem sometimes occur, but most of the times it seems to happen for no reason at all. I will check more regarding the USB connection.

\\Atle
Comment by Dominik Riebeling (bluebrother) - Wednesday, 07 March 2007, 12:51 GMT
Auto Update of the database will _only_ work correctly if dircache is enabled. Please try again with dircache enabled (or auto update disabled) and report back if you still can reproduce the issue.
Comment by Atle Rinvoll (arinvoll) - Thursday, 08 March 2007, 10:41 GMT
Ok, I have set Directory Cache to On. I will do some testing and come back to you as soon as I have some new info.

Cheers

\\Atle

Loading...