FS#6697 - New dict plugin
Opened by Timo Horstschäfer (x1jmp) - Sunday, 25 February 2007, 19:43 GMT
This is an almost complete rewrite of the current dict plugin.
It is based on the stardict dictionary file format and acts as a viewer for .idx files.
Most important features are:
- fuzzy search by showing all articles that start with a certain word
- quite fast search (binary search, same as the current dict plugin)
- scrolling for long descriptions
- handles even huge dictionaries (e.g. Wikipedia)
When first opening a dictionary, an offset table is created to provide random access to the index file.
Stardict dictionaries can be used almost directly but all files have to be uncompressed.
I created another patch, which adds a "Dicionaries" entry to the root menu (FS# 6630). It shows all dictionaries placed in "/dicts".
Some more information may be found in a thread about an older version on MisticRiver http://www.misticriver.net/showthread.php?p=546738
Some dictionary ressources:
- Stardict Website: http://stardict.sourceforge.net/Dictionaries.php
- Wikipedia dumps:
- english: http://srv2.filepoint.de/download/1457/enwiki-20061130.7z
- german: http://srv2.filepoint.de/download/407/dewiki.7z