Rockbox

Tasklist

FS#6894 - Incorrect file displayed in WPS

Attached to Project: Rockbox
Opened by Overand (sucrosemusic) - Saturday, 24 March 2007, 03:24 GMT
Last edited by Nicolas Pennequin (nicolas_p) - Saturday, 21 July 2007, 12:35 GMT
Task Type Bugs
Category Music playback
Status Closed
Assigned To No-one
Operating System All players
Severity Low
Priority Normal
Reported Version
Due in Version Undecided
Due Date Undecided
Percent Complete 100%
Votes 0
Private No

Details

ipod 5G 60gig, tested using multiple WPS files, but initially discovered with 'kelp' - occasionally, when switching songs (I think specifically when starting playback in a new directory) the incorrect file will be displayed - kelp or other themes will display the filename information of a different file in the current directory, but the 'next file' will be displayed correctly. starting playback of files (in my case, I always started with the 'first' file) in different directories will continue to exhibit this problem. However, 'stopping' (holding play/pause for a few seconds) and restarting playback will eliminate the problem.

I've switched themes while this problem has been showing up, and the incorrect information would still be displayed. I've yet to notice this problem *start* when not using kelp, as I almost always use 'kelp', and the problem is uncommon.
This task depends upon

Closed by  Nicolas Pennequin (nicolas_p)
Saturday, 21 July 2007, 12:35 GMT
Reason for closing:  Fixed
Additional comments about closing:  No response from reporter. Reopen if the problem wasn't actually fixed.
Comment by Nicolas Pennequin (nicolas_p) - Saturday, 07 April 2007, 00:49 GMT
Looks to me as this is a playback problem rather than a WPS problem. I'm changing the category.
Comment by Steve Bavin (pondlife) - Tuesday, 12 June 2007, 08:46 GMT
Don't now if it's the same problem, but I occasionally see the wrong info displayed for the currently playing track. Instead, a previously played track is displayed (31 or 32 tracks before). This is due to wrapping in the playback tracks[] array - it can be seen more frequently if you edit playback.h to define MAX_TRACK as 4, but it's still very intermittent.
Comment by Steve Bavin (pondlife) - Sunday, 08 July 2007, 12:42 GMT
Hi Overand, I fixed a similar problem recently. Please can you try with a new build and report back whether the problem still occurs or not.

Loading...