FS#7136 - Turn based strategy Game (DOS clone)
Opened by Will Robertson (aliask) - Wednesday, 09 May 2007, 09:44 GMT
Last edited by Will Robertson (aliask) - Thursday, 02 August 2007, 12:56 GMT
This is a work in progress clone of the old DOS game "Super Domination" (http://www.prophecybbs.org/usrfiles/CDROM002/GAMES/SUPERDOM.ZIP), currently playable on IRiver H100, H300, iPod 4G (colour and mono), nano, iAudio X5 and M5.
The general idea of the game is to take over the map by placing resources (tanks, men, planes etc) on squares to overpower the adjacent computer controlled squares.
The game is playable (but you can't actually win yet, the computer will never give up), but needs a lot more work before I think it is done.
What needs fixing:
- There is a bug in the game menu where you cannot quit (probably not hard to fix)
- The score calculation code is quite ugly, but I can't think of a better way to implement it.
- The AI is pretty basic
- The graphics I've made are pretty bad. (anybody good at pixel art?)
- Nukes haven't been properly implemented yet (no fallout)
Stuff I'd like to implement:
- Settings for things like number of moves per turn, difficulty settings (which I think would be easiest to have a multiplier on the amount of cash generated), etc.
- Support for portrait displays (not exactly sure how to accomplish this, it's pretty packed as it is)
Anyway, stick the bitmaps in /apps/plugins/bitmaps (native/ for the 16bit ones and mono/ for the mono one), apply the patch, and all should be fine to compile...
Thursday, 02 August 2007, 12:56 GMT
Reason for closing: Accepted