FS#9088 - RockCW - Rockbox Morse Trainer, a proof of concept
i am currently trying to learn the morse code. I thougt it would be fun to have rockbox as an aid, so i started to write a plugin for that.
This plugin currently has a limited functionality, but the current things are implemented:
- Morsing of custom texts, typed from the rockbox keyboard
- Morsing of random chars, till the battery drains (or less ;))
- Input of own Call and 'morsing' the same
- selection of speeds from 1-45 WPM in steps of 3
- selection of chars from 5 mixable groups
- punctuation marks
- special chars (KA,BT,AR,VE)
It would be very nice if someone tested these on some soft-codec targets. I included the source tarball (please add plugin to SOURCES and CATEGORIES if using this), a diff on r17715 and the binary .rock for the sansa c250.
Idd be very happy if, with a little help, this could move upstream. I am new to the plugin api and need some help especially in using the definitions to make this work on different DAPs (avoid building this on targets that don't support some features and so on). Correct me if i am wrong, but his should from my point of view work with all SWCODEC devices with LCD. I tried to write at least readable code and added some comments for the curious.
This builds at least on the c250 and works for me.
Remind me, if i forgot something.