FS#10484 - Freeze During Ogg Playback When Rewinding from Very End of Track
Opened by Christian Eitner (cE10) - Monday, 03 August 2009, 08:17 GMT
Last edited by Nils Wallménius (nls) - Monday, 06 December 2010, 14:39 GMT
- iRiver H140
- Rockbox 3.3 (updated with Rockbox utility)
- general player and WPS configuration can be found in the attached zip file
- Ogg Vorbis files ripped with CDex v1.51 on WinXP, encoded with Ogg Vorbis DLL Encoder (AO; aoTuV b4b  (based on Xiph.Org's libVorbis))
- vorbisgain is applied to files manually on a per-album basis after ripping
What I do:
- Play back any list of ogg files (start album at first track, playlist, shuffled, doesn't matter)
- Part of my WPS shows track 'x/y' (track number x of total y files)
- About 2 seconds before the end of a track, in the 'x/y' display, x is incremented (so it reads 'x+1/y', although track x is still playing)
- If during the last but one second of a track (i.e., 4:32 if total track duration is shown as 4:33) I hit the 'Rewind' button (navigation left) and rewind any amount of time back into track x, after releasing the button the player freezes completely, i.e., all WPS animation stops, no button input is processed etc. I have to hit the player's reset button. The player reboots into the original firmware or rockbox, without any apparent pattern.
This behaviour is reproducible with ogg files. Mp3s do not show this behaviour.
If you need any more information, just contact me.
Thanks for your consideration,
Monday, 06 December 2010, 14:39 GMT
Reason for closing: Fixed
Additional comments about closing: fixed in r28742