FS#10881 - SANSA CLIP V1 default english.voice file prevents playback of all mp3 files
Opened by jasontaylor (jasontaylor) - Sunday, 27 December 2009, 18:15 GMT
Last edited by Rafaël Carré (funman) - Wednesday, 30 December 2009, 17:24 GMT
Summary of bug: If you add a an english.voice file the unti cannot play any mp3 files.
How to reproduce:
1. Go to ebay and pick up a snasa 1gb v1 clip.
2. Format it.
3. Download the latest (r24117) zip file from http://build.rockbox.org/data/rockbox-sansaclip.zip , (as far as I can tell, there is no way to use the utility to install, so you have to do it manually. Also, there is no stable build, just the nightly builds. Please correct me if I am wrong. Issue occurs with r24115-7. Install firmware as per pdf manual.
4. Download the official english voice file. http://download.rockbox.org/daily/voices/sansaclip-20091227-english.zip. Unpack into the correct location.
5. Download any mp3 file into the PODCAST directory. (Probably any dir would work though.)
6. Unplug, get into rockbox mode, and select any mp3 file.
7. Will not play the mp3 file. Will just stay at 0.
To "fix," delete the english.voice file.
My opinion. Clearly, at the least, the pdf manual for the sansa clip v1 should indicate that english.voice does not work. At the most, someone here should think about how to properly fix the problem. Seems like generating a new english.voice file would be a first step.
Call me at USA 3012776O32 if you'd like to suggest anything to me as to how to fix it.