FS#11043 - High dircache stack usage after usb connection
Opened by Michael Chicoine (mc2739) - Saturday, 20 February 2010, 23:24 GMT
Last edited by amaury pouly (pamaury) - Friday, 23 April 2010, 08:08 GMT
I am seeing high dircache stack usage after USB connection on my e280v1.
I tested as far back as r24419 and up to current (r24794).
Steps to reproduce:
1. Clear all settings on boot
2. Check dircache usage on debug screen
3. Attach USB cable
4. Eject or safely remove
5. Remove USB cable
6. Check dircache usage on debug screen
7. Enable dircache
9. Check dircache usage on debug screen
10. Attach USB cable
11. Eject or safely remove
12. Remove USB cable
13. Check dircache usage on debug screen
With r24419, the stack usage for steps 2, 6, 9, and 10 were 2%, 3%, 2%, and 82%. This 82% level was also present after rebooting.
With r24657, there was an increase in stack usage. The levels recorded were: 2%, 3%, 2%, and 93%.
With r24708, there was another increase in stack usage. The levels recorded were: 4%, 7%, 4%, and 97%.
Current svn gives the same values as those recorded for r24708.
As I have enabled other features in Rockbox, I have started to see "Stkov dircache (0)" panics. These panics continue after reboot and require editing the config.cfg file in USB mode to disable dircache. After disabling dircache, it will reboot without problems.
Friday, 23 April 2010, 08:08 GMT
Reason for closing: Fixed
Additional comments about closing: r25696, r25697