Rockbox

Tasklist

FS#11169 - Unstable text viewer

Attached to Project: Rockbox
Opened by Amr Medhat (amr) - Saturday, 03 April 2010, 04:41 GMT
Last edited by Tomer Shalev (tomers) - Wednesday, 07 April 2010, 18:08 GMT
Task Type Bugs
Category Plugins
Status Closed
Assigned To No-one
Operating System All players
Severity Low
Priority Normal
Reported Version Release 3.4
Due in Version Undecided
Due Date Undecided
Percent Complete 100%
Votes 0
Private No

Details

The recent updates after revision 24897 to viewer.c (currently revision 25400) causes the following:

- Latin script files open normally, but on exit of viewer and returning to file menu, rockboxui terminates with a message: stack smashing detected

- When trying to open a file containing diacritics (Arabic), the file doesn't open successfully and rockboxui terminates with the message:
Can't open font: /.rockbox/fonts/6-GNU-Unifont.fnt
Floating point exception
This task depends upon

Closed by  Tomer Shalev (tomers)
Wednesday, 07 April 2010, 18:08 GMT
Reason for closing:  Fixed
Additional comments about closing:  Should be fixed in r25516. Reopen if needed.
Comment by Tomer Shalev (tomers) - Saturday, 03 April 2010, 05:25 GMT
> The recent updates after revision 24897 to viewer.c
r24897 has nothing to do with that. It's a keymap definition commit.

Can you please locate when these bugs were introduced with respect to the following commits?

Revision 25233-25235, by uchida: text viewer plugin applies patches  FS#8445 ,  FS#9546 ,  FS#9853 ,  FS#9855 ,  FS#9892 ,  FS#9893 ,  FS#9898 ,  FS#9902 , and  FS#9990 .

Revision 25262, by torne: Prevent accidental skipping to beginning/end of file in text viewer.

Revision 25400, by me: Viewer: Implement alignment option, to provide alignment of RTL text (Hebrew, Arabic) to the right

P.S. Amr, please upload the two files that causes the symptoms you describe (the one with arabic diacritics and that with the latin script)

Thanks!
Comment by Amr Medhat (amr) - Saturday, 03 April 2010, 11:33 GMT
I've traced the updates revision by revision and here are my observations:
R 24897 is the last stable one that produces the expected results
R 25233 introduces unwanted new lines occasionally (the viewport could afford showing 2 words on one line in the former revision, here in some cases each word appears on a separate line)
R 25234 the same as the previous
R 25235 the same too
R 25262 the same too
R 25400 some files (attached README.txt, 1.txt) open normally but on viewer exit, rockboxui aborts with error:
> Skin buffer usage: 81228/317952
> *** stack smashing detected ***: ./rockboxui terminated
> ======= Backtrace: =========
While rockboxui aborts on opening other files (attached 2.txt, كلام مُشَكَّلٌ.txt) with error:
> Skin buffer usage: 81228/317952
> Can't open font: /.rockbox/fonts/6-GNU-Unifont.fnt
> Floating point exception

Notes:
- I updated svn to the latest revision and reverted my local changes in other files to isolate the problem
- I created a new simulator build and I simulate on target Sansa e200
- I've stated before that the first problem (stack smashing) relates to Latin characters and the second (floating point exception) relates to diacritics, but this isn't true as both problems happened with both types of scripts
Comment by Tomer Shalev (tomers) - Wednesday, 07 April 2010, 17:39 GMT
Hopefully, all of the above mentioned issues have now been resolved. Please test r25516 (and up) and report your your findings.
Thanks

Loading...