Rockbox

Tasklist

FS#12018 - Freeze at the end of a track playback or playback stop

Attached to Project: Rockbox
Opened by Václav Brožík (pabouk) - Saturday, 19 March 2011, 05:12 GMT
Last edited by sideral (sideral) - Saturday, 19 March 2011, 22:04 GMT
Task Type Bugs
Category Music playback
Status Closed
Assigned To No-one
Operating System Sansa AMSv2
Severity Low
Priority Normal
Reported Version Daily build (which?)
Due in Version Undecided
Due Date Undecided
Percent Complete 100%
Votes 0
Private No

Details

The build r29613-110318 on Sansa Clip+ causes freeze in these situations:
- playback approaches end of a track (maybe buffering of the next track problem)
- playback is stopped

When frozen the player does not react to button presses. Only pressing the power button for several seconds turns off the player.

With a 24 hour older build I did not observe this problem.
This task depends upon

Closed by  sideral (sideral)
Saturday, 19 March 2011, 22:04 GMT
Reason for closing:  Invalid
Additional comments about closing:  Problem disappeared when fixing the filesystem
Comment by Václav Brožík (pabouk) - Saturday, 19 March 2011, 05:45 GMT
The builds r29609-110317 and r29607-110316 have the same problem. Also tested with reset settings.

More details about the freeze:
1. near the end of the track (3 seconds) track playback time counter stops updating and playing track number increases
2. few seconds later playback stops and few moments later the WPS shows pause icon
3. player does not react to button presses except the screen turns off after timeout and a key press turns it on again
4. the only way how to get from this state is to hold the power button for cca 6 seconds to turn the player off
Comment by sideral (sideral) - Saturday, 19 March 2011, 14:59 GMT
Can you try reverting r29169? It has been known to cause problems with accessing certain SD devices.  FS#12001  has a patch to revert it.

Another idea: Do you use the database? Possibly it has become corrupted. Try regenerating it (database options -> initialize now), possibly after deleting it manually first (/.rockbox/database*.*).

Comment by Václav Brožík (pabouk) - Saturday, 19 March 2011, 19:20 GMT
I realized that it was not a bug in Rockbox. Excuse me for not testing the problem more thoroughly before submitting the task.

The problem was caused by a corrupted filesystem and a certain file in the directory (yes other directories played fine) caused the problems.
After repairing the filesystem and deleting the problematic file everything seems to work normally. The task could be closed.

Maybe Rockbox could be more robust and could report filesystem problems in similar cases.

Thank you.

Loading...