FS#12021 - New VGM (Video Game Music) codec based on Game_Music_Emu ;)
Opened by Mauricio Garrido (gama) - Monday, 21 March 2011, 16:05 GMT
Last edited by Andree Buschmann (Buschel) - Monday, 04 July 2011, 05:54 GMT
Hi, this is a new VGM (Video Game Music) codec based on blargg's
More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VGM_(file_format)
Tested on: Sansa Fuze v2
Created from revision: 29607
- 44 khz, stereo output.
- Support for VGZ files (Note 1) using the inflate code from
WikiViewer plugin by Adam Gashlin.
- Support for SN76489/SN76496 PSG, YM2612, and YM2413 FM sound chips.
- Track seeking (very slow).
- Based on the latest version of game_music_emu.
Note 1: Many VGZ files will be trimmed when trying to uncompress them due to the small amount of free memory available to the codecs with codec_malloc (around 900 Kb). So it
is recommended to use uncompressed VGM files.
* If your target has a large RAM (like the cowon d2) i guess you can try setting the CODEC_SIZE define to a bigger value like 5-6 MB, that way most vgz files will work fine.