FS#12496 - RaaA WebOS
Rockbox WebOS app.
Built on r31467, 32/64-bit Ubuntu 11.10, running on a 32GB Touchpad
Directions (only tested on the above):
* Install WebOS PDK: https://developer.palm.com/content/resources/develop/sdk_pdk_download.html
* Install platform-native libsdl-dev if you haven't already. Only needed to pass configuration check as the PDK doesn't properly install staging sdl-config for some reason.
* Apply patch (patch -p0 < filename.patch)
* cd webos
* ../tools/configure, select WebOS target (206)
* make && make install && sh ./buildpkg.sh
* This is one big hack -- I fudged just about everything in /firmware (how the target system works is still not altogether clear to me) and piggybacked a lot of this off of the SDL target. Mostly in the interest of getting it to run without adding ifdefs all over the place. Obviously we'll want to be more methodical and thorough about exactly which changes need to go where moving forward.
* The Touchpad's SDL video implementation appears to adjust orientation and scale output to fit within 1024x768 as best as possible. This means that a 800x480 build will appear in landscape mode, letterboxed, while a 320x480 will appear in portrait mode, pillarboxed. The device itself automatically orients to landscape -- meaning, if you're in a portrait resolution and then you exit, everything will initially be sideways -- but that doesn't affect input. Scaling routines are noticeably slow.
* I tried building this as a hybrid Enyo/PDK (window mgr friendly) app but had some problems with the native part failing to execute at SDL_Init. So for now no backgrounding or notification bar.
* Make scripts use the ARM compilers installed with the PDK. I'm wondering though if this is superfluous given that the Rockbox toolchain also supports ARM7. I did try exposing some of the ARM-specific assembly but the compilation failed with the PDK compiler.
800x480 build: http://www.jasonyu.net/webos/org.rockbox.raap_0.0.1_all.ipk