Rockbox

Tasklist

FS#12595 - Utility V1.2.12 not able to create any voice files

Attached to Project: Rockbox
Opened by Kevan (KevanGC) - Tuesday, 21 February 2012, 00:16 GMT
Last edited by Dominik Riebeling (bluebrother) - Wednesday, 22 February 2012, 22:04 GMT
Task Type Bugs
Category Rbutil
Status Closed
Assigned To No-one
Operating System All players
Severity Low
Priority Normal
Reported Version Release 3.10
Due in Version Undecided
Due Date Undecided
Percent Complete 100%
Votes 0
Private No

Details

Even the smaller voices like MS Anna work fine in the older utilities. However with this new one, creating won't work at all. I tried on a few voices including very small ones. Log is attached.
   Log.log (48.7 KiB)
This task depends upon

Closed by  Dominik Riebeling (bluebrother)
Wednesday, 22 February 2012, 22:04 GMT
Reason for closing:  Fixed
Comment by Dominik Riebeling (bluebrother) - Tuesday, 21 February 2012, 02:34 GMT
That log only shows creating a voicefile with the voice "VW Julie" failing, so "tried on a few voices" can't be true. Please explain.

Also, where can I get that voice? I cannot fix problems if people don't tell me *exactly* what they are using.
Comment by Kevan (KevanGC) - Tuesday, 21 February 2012, 03:13 GMT
I got the same message with Microsoft Anna, so it shouldn't matter if I used Julie or not. "Encoding of No failed."

As I said earlier, Rockbox Utility V1.2.8 worked fine when I made a voice file.
Comment by Dominik Riebeling (bluebrother) - Tuesday, 21 February 2012, 07:41 GMT
You didn't say anything about Rockbox Utility 1.2.8. People keep claiming that Rockbox Utility 1.2.6 worked, which is a different version. And please provide a log for the Anna case.
Comment by Dominik Riebeling (bluebrother) - Tuesday, 21 February 2012, 17:43 GMT
Please try the following binary of Rockbox Utility and report back if you still can reproduce the issue: http://www.alice-dsl.net/dominik.riebeling/rockbox/rbutil/RockboxUtility-309e505.zip
Comment by sylvie lafo (boulette) - Tuesday, 21 February 2012, 23:21 GMT
Hello, I used today 2012 02 21 the last version of RU . With LH Pierre ( french microsoft voice ) I had too that log : "Encoding of No failed".
Now I use your binary 309e505 with the same LH PIerre and it is not reproduced. It does work. Thanks a lot.
Comment by Kevan (KevanGC) - Tuesday, 21 February 2012, 23:55 GMT
Hello,
The new version works fine now. Thanks so much for the fix!

Loading...