FS#6156 - themes installer (tar themes)
Opened by Dominik Riebeling (bluebrother) - Monday, 09 October 2006, 21:45 GMT
Last edited by Dominik Riebeling (bluebrother) - Friday, 04 June 2010, 22:12 GMT
The attached patch works as a viewer plugin for theme files. The theme file will get installed so it can get choosen from the "Browse Themes" menu afterwards.
Theme files (.rbt):
- the theme gets recognized by the .cfg file.
- the theme will get the same name as the basename of the cfg file inside of the tar file. This has the advantage that the theme name will be preserved, even if the rbt file got renamed (e.g. to distinguish them on the web server)
- paths inside of the file get ignored so you can drop all files into a single dir upon creation. When extracting the correct folders will get created and the files sorted.
- when extracting the backdrop (if any) will get recognized by its reference in the cfg file, all other bmp files will go to the wps image folder
- the data is tarred and renamed to "rbt"
- I want to have single-file themes. Using tar is IMO the best solution as it doesn't support compression, so no need to handle this (and no possible errors). Using uncompressed zip doesn't have any real advantages over tar, it is also not suited for seeking.
- The best way would be to support single-file themes in the rockbox core. I wrote a patch for this some time ago, but this has a noticeable speed penalty. Exploding the themes on the device should be a handy way for users.
I'm also attaching a single-file theme I used for testing for demonstration (h100, converted from rockbox-themes.org). This plugin is similar to
Friday, 04 June 2010, 22:12 GMT
Reason for closing: Out of Date