FS#6321 - Universal Image Viewer
Opened by Geoff Stokes (iwantanimac) - Sunday, 12 November 2006, 14:09 GMT
Last edited by Teruaki Kawashima (teru) - Sunday, 21 November 2010, 14:00 GMT
This would be a pretty much universal image viewer. Perhaps even to replace the jpeg plugin. bmp support already exists, as there is a plugin for it, but other formats would be good, too.
The plugin should;
- Detect image format before loading (If it cannot be identified by file extension, it should check for header data if it's not recognised)
- Be able to display the following formats:
- PNG [http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/png-sitemap.html#programming]
- Transparency could be an issue, i guess you would just choose what background to have displayed, or not enable the alpha channel. (Not that i know how you would go about this...) - similar for GIFs
- GIF [http://www.cs.cornell.edu/dali/api/gif-c.html - I think that's ok]
- Would animated GIFs be possible (As an animation)? Otherwise, allow cycling through frames.
- BMP (Already implemented with the BMPviewer plugin with BMP Resize - #5697}
- Possibly JPG, replacing the current jpeg plugin (If it's good enough), or becoming part of the jpeg plugin.
- Resize images (Like the way the jpeg plugin does it, not like BMP Resize, as this looks horrible)
- Cycle through images of ALL compatible formats, and have slideshow function (like JPEG plugin)
- Anything else appropriate (And most of the features already present in the jpeg plugin)
Comments, contributions or anything else would be awesome, as i think this would be excellent for the big 4 image formats to be supported. Hopefully most targets have the processing power to decode these formats quick enough!
Sunday, 21 November 2010, 14:00 GMT
Reason for closing: Accepted
Additional comments about closing: committed in r28626.