FS#6625 - Sokoban Improvements
Opened by absurdlyobfuscated (DrSpud) - Tuesday, 06 February 2007, 02:37 GMT
A large number of improvements and fixes to the game Sokoban:
- Support for levels that have the mover start on a goal ('+' character).
- New bitmaps for when the mover is on a goal, plus the brick texture was slightly reworked to look cleaner.
- The undo function has been mostly rewritten and uses one byte per undo (was 21 bytes/undo before). This allows for a nearly unlimited number of undos (5000) in the same amount of memory that about 260 could fit before (but only 5 were allocated, for some reason). Additionally, non-moving button presses no longer eat an undo slot.
- Redundant code for both the undo and player movement has been unified & modularized similar to
- Redo feature added.
- Keys remapped to accommodate redo, some switched around a little. Let me know if any of the key mappings don't make sense, as I'm not very familiar with most of the platforms and some of the mappings are a little weird.
- Button repeat enabled on platforms that support it. Don't know why it wasn't before, since it's so trivial.
- Level & move info cleaned up and moved to bottom of screen for targets with unaccommodating screen dimensions. Sansa & Gigabeat targets now display correctly, as should any future targets.
- Skipping of the help text screen via any button press now possible.
- 'Pushes' counter for targets with a big enough screen.
- 'Level Completed' screen that shows moves & pushes.
- Error messages fixed: they now display for 2 seconds instead of 0.
Tuesday, 13 February 2007, 06:48 GMT
Reason for closing: Accepted
Additional comments about closing: Committed, thanks a lot for your work! :)