FS#6758 - Database update issue
Target environment: UISimulator - H120 simulator
Build: r12679 - 070307
I noticed a bug on the database update when I was using the UI simulator when investigating another bug.
The bug is when you delete music files and update the database. After closing simulator and restarting, sometimes when you go back into database there is more than one id3 track entry in database.
I managed to replicate this bug by doing the following steps:
1) On copying two albums into archos folder, I ran the simulator, initialised database. When viewing database, the 2 albums are displayed with the correct number of tracks.
2) I exit simulator. I delete one of the album folders. I ran the simulator then updated the database. When viewing the database, 1 album is displayed but there is duplicate entries for all tracks except track 1.
3) I exit simulator, restart simulator, update the database again. When viewing the database, the same results are displayed.
4) I exit simulator, delete album folder then copy over two completely different albums. I ran simulator then updated the database. 2 albums are displayed but now there are duplicate track entries displayed in both albums.
5) I exit simulator. I delete one of the album folders. I ran the simulator then updated the database. When viewing the database, 1 album is displayed but there is now triplicate entries being displayed.
When running step five again, there is now quadruplicate tracks displayed.
I have noticed there is differing amount of extra tracks, usually every track after track 8.
I also did a test on two albums 'Angel of Retribution' and 'British Steel'. When British Steel is deleted and database is updated, the database displays the Angel of Retribution tracks normally. When I repeat again but this time deleting the Angel of Retribution album, the database displays duplicate tracks in the British steel albums.
I also noticed differing extra entries when albums have differing number of tracks.
Sunday, 11 March 2007, 08:53 GMT
Reason for closing: Fixed